Fuzzy's Taco Shop


Fuzzy's claim to be my new taco addiction. No, really. It was right there on the sign promising me that very thing for months. After trying it out, I beg to differ.  Full disclosure though, I did try Fuzzy's out on opening day. I am going to cut it some slack; however several of my friends have tried Fuzzy's and they have reported back that not much has changed.
My friend wanted to order chips and queso but I convinced her to try the chicken nachos instead. I thought it's basically the chips and queso amped up. I was right. It's comes one a huge plate with chips piled high. There was the chicken, pico and queso. I thought there wasn't much of the chicken or the queso. Once you through the top layer, there basically was just chips left. There's not even any salsa you can use for the rest of it. You are left with a pile of chips with nothing to eat with it. #Fail


Both my friend and I choose the Mexican dinner combo. You get your choice of one taco, one enchilada and two sides. I got the grilled fish taco and shrimp enchilada. For the sides, I got the cilantro lime rice and Latin fried potatoes. Out of all that, the only thing I liked was the enchilada. It was actually the only thing that had a good flavor!! The taco was so disappointing. It says it has the fish, shredded lettuce, garlic sauce and feta. It looks like it's all lettuce and that's all I could taste. I didn't even get any fish flavor! I thought the whole thing was rather bland. I thought it was just my taco but taking a look at my friend's grilled shrimp taco, it was the same story.  Her shrimp taco looked just like mine and was according to her, just has bad.  There's too much competition in town to settle for a bad taco.  I would come back for the enchilada though.

Fuzzy's is a counter service place so it is suppose to be quick and easy. It WAS not. Again keep in mind, I did go on opening day so service could have improved since then. I thought the space was nice. It was open and airy. There's a nice outside area. There's big picnic tables lining the front of Fuzzy's that would be great for big groups. There's pretty lights strung up that may give it a nice ambiance at night. There are also corn hole boards that you can play and perhaps partake in a cold beverage. It makes sense since it is walking distance from the area's largest university. I know it opened in early 2017 and it's August. I kept saying to myself, I am going to give it another try before writing a blog. But to be honest, there's just too many places in town for good Mexican food. Every time I think of going out for Mexican food I have been going for a sure thing instead.
Fuzzy's Taco Shop Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato






Comments

Popular Posts