Bonus: Crown Royal Salted Caramel



After weeks of searching, I finally got my hands on the limited edition Crown Royal Salted Caramel. I am not a whisky aficionado or even a heavy liquor drinker. I just thought I share what I thought since it's been hard to find in our neck of the woods. That way you can figure out if it's worth the search or pass.

First thing I was surprised about is the mouth feel. It's heavy like a real caramel based drink. I'm not talking about the syrup you get in most coffee shops but caramel sauce. Those drinks have a butteryness that comes from the actual butter used to make the sauce. It's also rich like a caramel sauce drink would be. There is a slight sweetness to it but I don't think it's as sweet as the vanilla or maple versions.

After sampling it over ice, I did add some ginger ale to my tumbler. The ratio was quite right so it was stronger than I like. I imagine it would be much more tasty if I mix it properly in a glass. I think this would be great in some coffee and a touch of cream. I also hear it's good mixed Rumchata. I guess another trip across the state line for a liquor run is in the future.

If anyone has ideas for mixed drinks using this, let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts