The Original Pancake House

Breakfast. I think too many people skip it or make do with a bowl of cereal, some butter toast or a protein shake. Gone are the days we can load up on eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, pancakes and grits guilt-free. We, as average Americans, just don't burn nearly enough calories in our daily lives to warrant such a large breakfast. My friends and I decided to indulge a lot the day of our white water rafting trip.  We knew we were going to be on the road for a while and the opportunity for lunch maybe nil. A friend who lives in the Atlanta area turned us onto the Original Pancake House in Cheshire Square.

When we pulled up, there was quite a crowd waiting for tables. One of my friends and I took the opportunity to walk next door and load up on drinks and snacks for our trip. When we returned, my other friends were seated but they told us, the waitress threatened to ask them to wait until the entire party was there. That was rude but nonetheless, we got back in time not to get kicked out.

I decided on the corned beef hash with two eggs over easy with three buttermilk pancakes because really.. how can you go to a pancake house and not get pancakes.  The corned beef hash was some of the best I ever had. It was well seasoned and cooked where there were these little crispy pieces mixed throughout. My eggs were perfectly cooked and the pancakes were light and fluffy. I had coffee along with my breakfast. I was wondering why it was extra rich and creamy. Apparently, Original Pancake House served their special blend of coffee with HEAVY cream. Talk about added calories! It was delicious.




With so many options on the menu, it is hard to decide on exactly what you want. Fortunately, Original Pancake House has an option for half portions. My brother decided on two of their specialties; the Sourdough French Toast and the Georgia Pecan Pancakes. The half portion of each was three pieces of french toast and three pancakes. The Sourdough French toast was light and fluffy. It wasn't too sweet. Be sure to ask for the blueberry preserves. It really took the french toast to the next level.


The Georgia Pecan Pancakes featured toasted pecans, a tropical syrup, and a light dusting of powdered sugar. The tropical syrup tasted heavy on orange juice and pineapple juice that had been reduced to amp up the flavor.

One of my friends got the steak and eggs plate. The other got eggs and Canadian bacon plate. I had so much food I didn't snag any of their food to taste.

I heard the service could be spotty but our waitress was great. She was very helpful to these first timers. Our food was brought out in a timely fashion and drinks refilled often.

If you want to check out the menu, click here.


Original Pancake House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts