Clark's Kitchen


South Alabama students are getting more options when it comes to places off campus to eat.  A new shopping center was just built with two restaurants inside.  Then there's a taco place that claims it will be "your new addiction."  Not to far from that is Clark's Kitchen.  It is in what use to be Camille's.  I was riding around one day looking for something to eat when I decided to try Clark's out.


I came into Clark's virtually blind. I haven't checked out the menu or heard anything about it. The only thing I knew I wanted was something hot.  After having a conversation with the cashier, I settled on the Reuban. It's your basic corned beef on rye bread with thousand island dressing, sauerkraut and swiss cheese.  But there was something about it that was very satisfying. There was a good amount of corn beef.  I hate it when places are skimpy with the main ingredient.  I thought there was a good balance of salty from the meat, sourness from the sauerkraut and fattiness from the sauce.  I thoroughly enjoyed my sandwich.  

Along with the sandwich, I got to choose a side.  There was chips, pasta salad, broccoli salad, potato salad or fruit.  I decided to go with the broccoli salad.  I have always liked broccoli salad.  I don't know why I don't make it at home but I digress.  I found this one to be very sweet.  Is that normal?  I mean, I really felt like there was sugar in the dressing or something. Or perhaps there was just too many raisins in the salad.  I would have preferred more broccoli and nuts myself.   I am not saying it was bad.  I am saying it was sweet.

Sidenote:  If anyone knows of a good and healthy version of broccoli salad, let me know.  I would love to try it out.
The dining room at Clark's is a pretty good size.  It is sort of divided in three sections.  Each side area has a mixture of booths and tables.  The middle section only have tables.  I thought there wouldn't be room for large groups but I would be wrong.  I saw a big group on the other side of the building.  There's also apparently a party room you can reserve if you have an even larger group.

If you would like to check out Clark's menu, click here.





Comments

Popular Posts