Hurricane's Grill and Wings

My favorite kind of buffalo wings are the breaded kind. I have been looking for a replacement after I boycotted that other place. You know the one typically associated with owls.  I had a particularly bad experience and vowed never to come back. At least, the one in Mobile.  On my quest to find breaded wings, I came to Hurricane Grill and Bar.



Alas, I failed.  Hurricanes only has naked wings.  I was going to order a couple of items but my waitress was kind of slow getting to me so I shied away from my original plan.  Instead, I ordered the lunch special.  Five jumbo wings in boss sauce and garlic parm broccoli as a side.  At $6.99,  I thought it would be a great deal.


The boss sauce is just a hot sauce spiked with garlic and Parmesan.   The broccoli has those obvious flavors and maybe a little squeeze of lime.  The wings were just ok for me.  The flavor didn't impress me although it was cooked very well.  There was just enough crispiness on the outside while it was still juicy inside.  I like the broccoli.  There was still a lot of crunch to it but I can tell it wasn't as fresh as can be.  The stems were starting to turn brown. Maybe I have a big appetite but after eating my meal and 2 unsweetened teas I was still hungry.  Fail. 


I went Hurricanes during lunch on a Friday.  Not the best time, I know.  But what better way to test a restaurant service than one of the busiest lunch days of the week.  My waitress was very nice but service was extremely slow. It took a while for her to come to my table and get my drink order.  It was so long from when she got the order and bring it that two others asked if I had been waited on.  The meal came out in a timely manner. I had to wait again when it came time to pay.  I had time to write the majority of this blog while I waited.  It shouldn't take this long.  

I may come back and try some of the other menu items.  I will probably sit at the bar next time.  Those customers seem to get more prompt service. But then again, I may not.  I had to go to one of my staples, Mediterranean Sandwich Co., for a little something to fill me the rest of the way up.  


Hurricane Grill & Wings on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts