Moe's Original BBQ - West Mobile

BBQ lovers rejoice! We have another option in West Mobile. Moe's Original BBQ has opened its second location in the Port City. It is on Airport Boulevard just west of University Boulevard.



One of my favorite things to get is the BBQ nachos. It is made from homemade fried chips topped with BBQ beans, pork or chicken, red onions, jalapenos, and a traditional as well as white barbecue sauce.  I love the combination of flavors. I think it is actually hardy enough to serve as a meal. Another favorite appetizer is the fried pork rinds. They do it in house and it's dusted with a dry rub that is delicious.

When it comes to BBQ, I like Moe's chicken and chicken wings the most. The chicken is almost always smoked perfectly where there is still a slight pink inside. The smoky flavor is throughout and so juicy.  It doesn't need anything extra than what it is served with which is a drizzle of White barbecue sauce.  

The chicken wings come in several flavors including Buffalo, spicy garlic, Asian Persuasion, BBQ, and a dry rub. I am going to be honest the first time I tried the wings I ordered the spicy garlic and never tried anything else. I just really like it.



The platters comes with 2 sides, cornbread, and a drink. I love that cornbread. It looks like your typical corn bread loaf sliced then cooked on the griddle so the outside is nice and crispy. Sometimes I would order from the regular sides menu but I particularly like to order from the specials.  It gives me just enough variety.  I order the mac and cheese a lot from the regular sides menu. While it's good, I always have to add salt.  The Oreo pudding is so decadent and the perfect dessert to your meal.


I do have to say I prefer the downtown location vs this location. The atmosphere downtown seem more welcoming.  The West Mobile location looks more like a fast food joint complete with drive thru.  The first few times I came here for lunch it was very crowded.  There is not much room to maneuver around as there is downtown. I think I hit a guy in the shoulder with my big purse. It has gotten progressively better. They added some chairs and tables along the sidewalk outside but it can still get crowded.  It will still do when I am craving good BBQ and don't want to drive far.

Moe's Original Bar B Que Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts