Zoe's Kitchen

It's been quite a while since I patronize Zoe's Kitchen and I'm very happy to see not much has changed. Zoe's is a  franchise locally-owned and operated.  The menu places emphasis on fresh, healthy food heavily influenced by Mediterrean flavors.  If you like plenty of feta cheese and Greek-style vinaigrette, this is the place for you.  No worries though there are a few southern comfort items on the menu as well.

Greek Chicken Pita w/ side of cole slaw $7.19
One of my favorite items on the menu is the Greek Chicken Pita.  It's a pita stuffed near to bursting with a grilled, split chicken breast, caramelized onions, tomato and feta cheese.  What's not to love about that?  There's plenty here to fill up a hearty appetite.  I do think it needs a bit of salt and pepper but the basis of the restaurant is fresh, HEALTHY food so I understand why they lay off the sodium.  To add a bit more flavor, I like to dash some of the vinaigrette that's on the table right on top.  I also ask for extra caramelized onions because that's usually the last thing that's piled onto the sandwich and there's never enough to go around.  I had a choice of one side with my sandwich and I went with the cole slaw.  It's a mixture of cabbage with feta cheese, scallions and a vinaigrette (no mayo).  I love the freshness of this coleslaw.  The cabbage and scallions still have crunch to it and it's not cut so small it falls apart.  I like my cole slaw a little more "wet" than it's served so I add a little more vinaigrette on top and mix it about.  It's just a delicious meal for about $8 with tax.

Spinach roll up add chicken $8.39
My brother had the spinach roll up with chicken and you know I had to snag some of it.  In hindsight, I should have taken a picture of the inside of the roll up but too late now.  Aside from the obvious chicken and spinach, there's also mozzerella, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and scallions.  I liked it but to be honest I couldn't taste much else than spinach and chicken.  I think the filling needed a big dash of salt to bring out the flavors.  The salsa did help somewhat.  Also, there's not many of the roll-ups.  It's basically two tortillas cut in half.  So unless you have a small appetite, looking for a snack or a kid, these might not fill you up.  I know it didn't for my "college size" brother.

Chicken Kabobs (courtesy of Zoe's)
I highly recommend the chicken kabobs if you're extra hungry.  It comes with two kabobs of fresh chicken, onions, bell pepper and cherry tomatoes served on top of a bed of rice pilaf along with a side of Greek salad and some pita bread.  The kabobs itself are very delicious and so is the rice pilaf.  Greek salad is about the same as anywhere else you would go.  The only downside to the kabobs is that takes about 15 to 20 minutes (more like 10) for the cooks to make it so it's not ideal if you're in a hurry but it's a do try.



Zoe's is a counter style restaurant where you put in your order and then get a number.  Once your meal is ready, an expediter brings it to the table.  Most of the time the service is very quick and the restaurant is nice and clean.  I love the color combination of the decor.  It's bright and cheery.  If it's a nice day out, be sure to eat outside.  Zoe's has an awesome patio.  
Zoe's Kitchen on Urbanspoon

If you want to check out Zoe's Kitchen menu for Mobile, click here.


Comments

Popular Posts